Do you listen to podcasts? I am obsessed with them, I’m a little bit of podcast junkie. I love to listen to them in the car while I’m driving, or when I am doing the dishes or other household chores. It makes me feel extra productive to be learning new things even when I’m doing mindless tasks.
I get my best ideas when I’m listening to podcasts, often podcasts that aren’t related to violin-playing at all! Here are some of my favorite podcasts for Suzuki violin teachers…
1. The Teach Suzuki Podcast has to come first. If you haven’t listened to this podcast by Paula Bird yet, you need to get on that!! Even if you ignore the rest of this blog post, quick go subscribe to the Teach Suzuki Podcast.
Are you back? Oh good. Moving on…
2. A Musical Life with Hugh Sung. Here’s a link to a great interview he did with violinist, Rachel Barton Pine.
3. Tim Topham. While this podcast is aimed at piano teachers, I have gotten so many great ideas from listening to this podcast. I highly recommend it.
4. The Teach Piano Today Podcast. Not always applicable, but some really great stuff here.
5. Did you sign up for Parents as Partners Online this year? Did you know that they had a podcast? So if you are registered for Parents as Partners online, you can access the audio for all of the talks on iTunes and DOWNLOAD THEM. Even though Parents as Partners Online is ending soon, I still have all of the talks downloaded on my phone…it’s awesome.
I listen to so many more podcasts, so if you want more suggestions let me know!
What are your favorite podcasts? Music-related or not, I’m always looking for a new podcast, so please share in the comments!
Hey friends! I wanted to update this post with some of my new favorite podcasts for Suzuki teachers:
*Beyond the Music Lesson: This podcast is excellent. I learn a ton every time I listen. I’m not just saying that because they interviewed me a while back, I promise!
*Building Noble Hearts: This podcast is produced by the Suzuki Association of the Americas, and is just brilliant. It’s a can’t-miss.
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.